Saturday 15 February 2014

I'm back, Godzilla thoughts and a plug for Insanity

Well its been quite a while since my last post.

Mostly that is because I was made redundant back then and have been loking for a new job as well as getting a rest and a good recharge.

But now I'm back, not in work yet however.

I plan to post soon about my whole history with computers, from my C64 up to my machines today. Also I have plans to make some vids about them for my youtube channel.

My current project is to create a database and associated applications to let me index all the files I have aquired over the many years (nearly 2 decades) of using computers. Yep, I know there are tools out there that already do this but the point I'm making is if you want to learn how to do something, and you have the time, start from first principles. You will then be able to better understand other peoples solutions.

That also means I will build a quadcopter, from first principles. Yes, that means coding the flight control system!

Anyway, apart from this little "hello world!" I just suddenly decided I should watch a film I had never seen before. Nor do I have much interest in seeing it.

Why watch it?

Because it's Godzilla. Several people I hang out with online are mad on these films.  They practically wet themselves when a good blu-ray transfer of one is released.  They are based in the US and Canada (the people I hang with that is, not the films lol), which may explain why they know them so well as I dont think Godzilla was big over here in the UK. I really never saw anything Godzilla related when I was a kid, perhaps I simply missed it. Nobody at school ever mentioned it, although that was at a time being a geek meant wondering why everyone else did not seem normal to you so you tried to avoid them.  Unfortunately I also managed to avoid most of the other geeks so I dont supose I would have heard much talk of Gozzilla anyway.

Oh I did see the 1998 film and bits of the cartoon series after that. I was aware of the general theme of Godzilla from that film and references in others. Basically my awareness of Godzilla on a scale of 1-10 (10 being you think you are Godzilla) was (and still is) a 2.

So I have just finished breakfast. Drank my 3 mugs of tea. Now I'm off to research which Godzilla film to watch for a first timer (it may be the first one, but maybe there is a better sequel). Hmm maybe I will ask my friends who are:

Zaranyzerak:

https://www.facebook.com/ZaranyzerakOfficial
http://www.youtube.com/user/Zaranyzerak


Skinslip:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLcLasGPVhRpxRBKJS9HNag

and the g33k-e.com crew:

http://www.g33k-e.com/

Who every saturday night (see above links for announcements of start time) livestream "Saturday Night Insanity", which can be found here:

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/2726516

No comments:

Post a Comment