Friday 18 November 2011

1st Post

Hello and wellcome to my blog ComputerDissection!

I am a Software Tester for a company in Milton Keynes and graduated from DeMontfort University with a 2nd level degree in computer science.

The title of this blog may be a little misleading ;-)  The blog will be a mix of posts not just those concerning computers, although they will be the most common I bet.  If it gets too much of a mess I'll get stuck in, sort it out and create a second blog.

This blog is also titled after my first website I created when I was 15, which was hosted at Geocities. It started out great with a load of info about computers, plus a page dedicated to Red Dwarf! But eventually it was replaced with a single page displaying "NOT HERE YET!".  It stayed that way till Geocities shut down.

Thanks to Reocities.com who tried to make a mirror of geocities before it shut down you can still see it:

http://reocities.com/siliconvalley/platform/4857/

You can also find it on the wayback machine http://www.archive.org/web/web.php The address to search for is geocities.com/siliconvalley/platform/4857/

Of course if you were paying attention you will know you wont find much there.  It's just a shame that all I have to show for my first foray on the net is a backed up page with 3 words on it lol.

So now I shall leave you with a really annoying feature of HTML, used a lot during the 90's as I was growing up: the BLINK tag :-) WELLCOME

No comments:

Post a Comment